Saturday, January 4, 2014

$20 Homeless Backpack Care Kit



Cheri and I recently visited several wonderful Outreach Committee volunteers and homeless guests who came to St. Simon's Episcopal Church here in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Our church provides a "Cold Night" shelter to men, woman and children who are homeless in our area. I was especially struck by the wide range of ages and special needs of those who came to us for food, shelter and hospitality. As always, I tend to leave this ministry with so many thoughts and concerns as to how I/we can respond even more throughout the year.

Yesterday, I came across this video (above) which seems to be a simple and effective low cost way to respond to individuals who may find themselves homeless and hungry.

I pray this will be of some help as you seek to discern how God may be leading you to help someone in need.
Epiphany blessings,
Mark+

No comments:

Post a Comment